Phillip Island in Victoria is a 90 minute drive south from Melbourne. The island is famous for the nightly parade of penguins, the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix, stunning beaches, rugged coastline and fishing & surfing.
Some idea for things to do while visiting Phillip Island:
- Explore nature parks such as ‘Maru Koala & Animal Park’ where you can see koalas and other wildlife
- Visit the ‘A Maze’N Things’ which includes mazes, optical illusions and puzzles
- Indulge in spa or health treatments
- Visit the grand prix circuit and try go karting or even a hot lap
- Catch trout and learn about bush tucker at the ‘Rhyll Trout and Bush Tucker farm’
- Take a cruise to see the seals at Seal Rocks
- Dine at one of the many seaside restaurants, bistros or cafes
- Take a scenic helicopter flight
- Play a round of golf, whether it’s a fun round of mini-golf or a full 18 hole round at the Phillip Island Golf Club
Phillip Island has a great range of hotels and accommodation catering to all ages.
With the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix just around the corner, a contest is running during September where you can win a trip to Phillip Island for 4 nights including flights from the nearest capital city and 2 grandstand tickets. For more details and to enter the competition visit the website.